Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Ballpark Beers

Summertime and there's nothing better than the crack of the bat and a cold beer.  Of course, my visit to Nationals Park last night gave me an opportunity to think about beer (yes, they lost in case you're wondering).

Once upon a time you had limited choices in beer at the ballpark.  But in today's modern baseball park your options are quite varied.  Off the top of my head i had my choice of Blue Moon, Peroni, Heinekin, Amstel Light, Bud and Bud Lite, Miller and Miller Lite, Leinenkugel, Corona and more that I can't remember.  My only wish is that the beer guys coming through the aisles had more choices.

It's good to have choices.  But what would be better would be more LOCAL choices.  I mean, in the DC area we have Old Dominon, Capitol City Brewing, Shenadoah Brewing Company, Foggy Bottom and if you're willing to go north to Baltimore we can throw in Clipper City.  Let's open up the ballpark experience to make sure that it's truly a LOCAL experience even in terms of beverage choices.

Oh, and in case you're wondering what my choice was?  Blue Moon.  Flavorful, crisp, cold with that summer goodness.


2 comments:

Auntie Pockets said...

LONG TIME NO TALK!!! I'm all about this...I have a strong opinion about beer...I LOVE IT! I added this to my blog roll and can't wait to read future posts. Most favorite summer beer...PERONI...

Jorge Gortex said...

Don't forget classic NattyBo from B'more! I agree, local beers should be top bill. Thanks all might dollar for screwing discerning beer patrons.