Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Hockey Beer - Ideas?

It's hockey playoffs here in the Nation's capital. (GO CAPS!!!)

Since my wife is from Pittsburgh it's easy to pick a beer for her to drink while we watch the games (Iron City, of course. And yes, I do not let her sit on the couch if she's going to root for the Pens).

But what beer should I have in my hand to symbolize our local team?

  • Old Dominion? Nope. Brewed in Delaware.
  • Clipper City? That's Baltimore.
  • Dogfish Head? While that seems to be the emerging local favorite, it's still Delaware

I could run to a local Brew Pub like Capitol City Brewing but it would be really nice to have a bottled beer available in my local stores to sip and savor while watching my local teams.

I'm open to ideas....

1 comment:

gmr2048 said...

I think your best bet is Clipper City. And it's a fair choice, as Balto is close enough to DC and doesn't have an NLH team (they don't...do they??)