Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Learning to Home Brew

My wife loves me. Really.

How do I know that? For Christmas she got me my first home brewing kit. And since I'm a self-professed non-expert (just a fan) she kept it simple and got me the introductory kit from Mr. Beer.

I've spent lots of years drinking beer and watching the occasional show on Discovery on brewing and such. But I've never actually STUDIED brewing. So I poured over the instructions and read them over and over trying to make sure I hadn't missed a step. And then over the weekend I meticulously followed the steps and brewed my first batch of home beer.

Of course, I have questions and here's the realization. I've known there's a community of beef aficionados and had heard of many people with home brewing as a hobby. But it's fun to discover all the resources and help forums.

So for those of you who want to make the leap from consumer to producer, take a deep breath, pull a mouse up to the Home Brewing Wiki and feel confident that you'll be able to figure it out... at least I'm hoping I'll be able to.

1 comment:

gmr2048 said...

Now we just need to get you on a mountain bike, and you'll be all set for next year's Bootlegger's Bliss ride

http://is.gd/i8oK

Beerz and bikes...what could possibly go wrong?